Sunday, February 8, 2009

2/5/09-2/7/09 Postings from Dallas #3
2/7/09
Technically, I’m home today---but a lot of my MAC stuff is still in Dallas & a lot of Dallas thoughts are still swirling in my head. That “M” bridge was a welcoming sight late last night. Nothing feels quite as good as one’s own bed, does it?
Began day in prayer chair because it’s Saturday. Since November 1995, the 7 AM. Saturday time slot for prayer for First Evangelical Church has been mine. We, “Warriors on the Wall,” have a guide that is sent each month with specific needs. This morning when I saw my name listed with those cancer patients needing prayer for stamina and healing, I was taken aback. It was almost surreal---I never imagined seeing my name there---I had a real catch in my throat.
Rest of day mostly spent at the Lord’s feet or soaking in the tub or napping or putting my feet up---I haven’t even felt much like talking----maybe I’m practicing for those days coming up---before I get a new mouth----when I won’t be able to talk. So grateful that WH is praying for “joy” for me today.

journal jottings---“When God exhales, beloved, inhale.” (Voices of the Faithful) so similar to yesterday’s “breathe Me in with each breath.” (Jesus Calling) So I asked,
“What truths do you have for me from your Word today, O Lord?”
Psalm 43:11 (Streams in the Desert) & Psalm 42:11 (Jesus Calling) are the exact same words---“Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God for I shall again praise Him, my “salvation” and my God.” (ESV) “help of my countenance” (NASB) “health of my countenance”---the One who puts joy in my heart/smile on my face (my marginalia) WH prayers were right on target today---so glad today is the day she prays for me.
“patient waiting” seems like an oxymoron for a nanosecond kind of girl (an MP term)but God……
”be still and know that I am God.” (Psa. 46:10) Am I about to enter God’s waiting room? May I have no expectations------ just a joyful expectancy of time with Him.
A. Murray in Waiting on God, suggests “to wait upon God and receive from Him what He alone can give, what He delights to give.” "My soul waiteth only upon God…"(Psa. 62:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment