Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday With Thee

2/8/09 Sunday w/ Thee

Can you have time with the Lord on the Lord’s day without going to church? Absolutely! Do I miss going to church and being with God’s people? Absolutely!! There is nothing quite like the fellowship of believers. Dr. T used to say that if you’re trying to stay away from germs, “Don’t go to church or the movies.” Maybe that’s b/c there are lots of huggin’ folks at church. I don’t mind missing the germs but I sure miss those hugs.

This is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psa. 118:24) How easy it is to rejoice when the sun is shining and the temps are just right as you & your hubby accompany a grandson on a “walk-walk” in his little red car.
How much harder it is to rejoice at the end of the day when waiting in the kitchen of a beloved neighbor of almost 32 years---waiting for an ambulance to come and take her to the hospital one more time---and yet the loving husband and daughter who were there for her allowed me a glimpse of that unconditional love of family that becomes a healing balm for the one in the center of the crisis/suffering. I rejoice that she has such a family.

3 comments:

  1. Dotsy,
    I am a little behind, but I got my Jesus Calling book. I am right there with you daily now. My prayers are for you daily, peace in the midst of this storm, and His sweet presence as you quoted previously from Jesus Calling. Love, Debbie+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsy, a special friend that sings in the choir with me at church got me the JESUS CALLING book, not even knowing that it was the book "we" can read together. Now, I would call this a true "God thing." I, too, am reading right along with you thanks to my friend Barbie Halford (she knows you!) Glad plans are beginning to unfold for Dallas. Just give God His time! He has it worked out perfectly! I love you and miss you! I am sure all those little Texas guys were so happy to see Shug! Take care! Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotsy, I've had you and Larry on my mind every since you sent the E-mail telling Linda and I what was going on. Many times as I read your blog, tears come to my eyes as I think about what you and Larry are going through. And then I think about the many friends, family and even other people you don't even know who are blessed by your words as you face the struggles and challenges of dealing with this cancer. Larry and I were both blessed by picking strong women with gentle spirits. Also for some reason yesterday I thought of a wielder cutting metal with a cutting torch. He starts the flame with a spark (just as you have with your blog) and then that flame becomes white hot and focused (just like all of us who are praying for you and Larry). And then just now as I pick up the USA today it has an article on what to say when a friend gets word of cancer. And the thought comes to mind that "the will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you." And his grace is with you as I can tell in your words you write in your blog. Just know that Linda and I have you in our prayers daily and that we are looking forward to eating Bar-B-Que with you and Larry when you get through this. May God continue to bless and keep you.

    Norm

    ReplyDelete