Sunday, February 8, 2009

2/5/09-2/7/09 Postings from Dallas #2
2/6/09
Rescued John Parker (8 ½ mos.) from his bed “before his wake-up time.” Ah-h-h the privileges of being a grandmother! This was followed by a “Quiet” Time w/ Nathan and Noah alongside (Caleb slept-in) w/ John Parker in my lap, as we studied their James 2:1-3 “assignment.”
Took necessary time alone as well---grateful to be able to do this as Larry, aka Pop-Pop fixed bikes and precious, calm, patient daughter-in-law, Day, went to register Caleb for next year’s pre-school class.

Met mohs surgeon, third member of my team---he will go as far as he can w/ ENT/head & neck surgeon alongside to step in as needed. Met ENT yesterday--- though he looks 15, he was very thorough and I appreciated his concern for me. My slides and reports are now being sent to team member #4, a “premier” derma-pathologist with 2 fellowships and lots of experience under his belt---YES!! Dr. C and Dr. B. (Memphis doc) kept emphasizing that I need a really good pathologist---so God provided.

Journal jottings----only wisdom I really have is faith in God’s working---and in that faith to pray for His power and His strength---my frailty is becoming so evident--- meet me with your strength O Lord. There’s that juxtaposition again---my frailty w/ His strength—Grateful for time in word before reading Jesus Calling or I might have focused on way ahead being very steep instead of “cling tightly to My hand”…..”lift up empty (of self, maybe) hands of faith”….”receive My Precious Presence.” His hand is everywhere isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment