Wednesday, November 30, 2022

NEW WORDS!

As we age it is not only difficult to keep our word bank relevant but it's even more difficult to understand all the new words the younger generations bombard us with daily. When I'm with 5 of my teenage grandsons, I have difficulty following their conversations often accompanied with hand gestures.
It's always interesting when the OED adds new words each year based on upticks in usage. This past week folks at Webster include "gaslighting" as a relevant new word addition, I had never even heard of it but my daughter had and she enlightened me.
Instagram post by my dear friend, MP, who speaks fluent German and French, https://www.instagram.com/shellphoenix/ reminded me, "Actions speak louder than words." Regardless of the language.
Hubby concurs as he shouted Faking!!! at the TV yesterday during the match between USA and Iran.

All words, new and old, as well as actions, should be grace-laced especially on the international stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment