Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TRUE CONFESSIONS


11/23/10 They say confession is good for the soul. In this case, it’s not me I’m concerned about, but you, my blog reader. My confession is for you. I don’t want my blog entries to set myself up as a user of Jesus as a “quick fix”---though He certainly can be if He chooses.

If you read yesterday’s entry, it probably seemed that I went from anxiety to calm in a matter of moments. What was not written was the times of anguish and out of control behavior that preceded that calm. Often times the blog entries are a synopsis of the event---from my poor choices to my right choices so that all is well. Trust me, all would be well a lot sooner if I would just keep my focus on Him. Some days I’m better at that than others. The good news is that regardless of my choices, He remains faithful. I want to inspire others with that truth---even when my actions seem to disregard it.

So--------------here’s the confession. Before I got to the washing away of the anxiety by being in His word and having a cup of tea alongside, I had complained to my hubby, had some “justified” anger that caused tears and tossed and turned several nights. I decided to “do something” for someone else. (still not sure if it was totally for someone else.) I made peanut brittle for Daddy. Old handwritten cooking times on the recipe were obviously for the old microwave because I burned the whole batch. I had a real come apart. Then I preceded to eat almost the entire SCORCHED batch

1 comment:

  1. Dotsy, you are SO like me. When I take my eyes off the Lord, I get into trouble. Such is the human condition for which Jesus came and died. Will be praying for both of us to live in His Presence moment by moment. Hang in there. Heaven is coming and all will be well with our souls. I so look forward to that day.
    Hope you and yours had a nice Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas!
    In His mighty and forgiving love,
    Carolyn O'Cain

    ReplyDelete