Sunday, January 25, 2009

Serene Sabbath

1/25/09 Serene Sabbath---planning to "be still" For those who have asked, son Josh's web site will give you instant updates even when I get wherever I'm going---he has a "magic phone"---iPhone, I think" so he can do all this from any distance---All you need to do is enter your e-mail address and your e-mail password and then he approves you and you'll get the messages. www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/610549/
This is the day the Lord has made: let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24) Today's verse in the Upper Room (which I try to read along with Daddy) is one of my favorites, Zephaniah 3:17 (between Habakkuk and Haggai---bet that helped a lot didn't it?? 

As a librarian, I commend the use of a Table of Contents, especially when they have a listing in alphabetical order.) The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Maybe rejoice is the word of the day---I think I'll just rejoice quietly. Today's My Utmost for His Highest said, Be in a state of expectancy---my marginalia was ----expectancy NOT expectation.

3 comments:

  1. Dotsy,

    I just found out about your blog. What a wonderful witness you are! Wanted you to know that even people you have forgotten you knew are praying for you. Many from Hoptown.

    I have lived in Memphis and my son lives there now, so I know it is a great place for medical advice and spiritual comfort.

    Love,
    Lynn Garnett Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Liles! This is Sophie Mitchell! Mrs Noble just told me about everything..I don't really know what to say other than I'm praying for you. And that I miss being your helper! I miss you! I love you Mrs Liles!

    --Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotsy, I told all my choir friends at CFBC about my sweet friend Dotsy and found out that some of them are also your friend! Do you have friends EVERYWHERE????? Just wanted you to know that both Jill and I appreciate the opportunity you gave her to work for you. I will be here to help her in anyway I can to see that your reference library runs the way you like it to run! Jill and I both pray for you every day! I miss you so much! Lunch Bunch is just not the same! I love you! Will write later! Karla

    ReplyDelete