Monday, January 26, 2009

Meditating Monday

1/26/09
I am choosing NOT to meditate on my tumor today---Big MAC attack is to be set aside so that I can fully focus on God's goodness:
Banana puddin' for breakfast---I'm actually trying to gain back recently lost pounds---my friends are "bashing" me about this new found "eat more" opportunity.
Allowing me to pray for others.
Taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8)----even in the dark times---make that especially in the dark times. Make mine a BRT---Belief, Rest and TRUST---I have the belief, I'm getting the rest so I'm slathering on the Trust---so it covers this whole Big MAC.
God's goodness is SO evident to me ----He has sent Michele into my life for such a time as this with words of encouragement---because she has stood where I am standing.
Words from her could encourage us all--"-I'm praying for peace and for an eternal perspective as you face the days and weeks ahead. I am praying for miracles too, whether they come through your surgeon's scalpel or through the Lord's all-knowing hand. "Prayer is the slender thread that moves the hand of God." (Corrie Ten Boom) His hand is moving even as I write..."

2 comments:

  1. Dotsy, I continue to pray for you from hundreds of miles away. You write a lot about dancing. I just wanted to remind you it is never pretty when we are "learning" a new dance. We trip, we fall, we get frustrated, we experience frustration, excitement, confusion, and epiphanies. In the end, we learn the dance. Please do not feel you have to have mastered this dance in life. It is new, unchartered territory. Sometimes the greatest testimony is allowing others to watch you learn, to go through all the above mentioned emotions and come out with a beautiful new dance. I for one, am touched and moved, as I am watching you learn this dance you never would have chosen, but it found you. God bless and keep you. And by the way, I would love to come read to you after the surgeries, or even in between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsy, It was so good to get to see you Sunday night. I am glad I got to love on you for a few minutes. I am especially thankful that the Lord has provided your newest friend in Germany. He is our provider!Lord, I thank you for your loving provision in Dotsy's life. Amen

    ReplyDelete