Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ouchie

1/22/09

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHAN! (7) --Birthday prayers for you from Shug.

A little shaky this morn, as if chilled from the inside out and a little nauseous---reminds me of morning sickness of days gone by---where's the benedectin?? (anti-nausea drug of choice of pregnant women during the 70s---before they took it off the market)

Time in the Word, Jesus Calling and My Utmost for His Highest settled me down. Day filled with a friend helping me "just in case" pack for when the call comes to go---wherever docs and insurance decide. (Dr. B in Memphis called to assure me that he and Dr. B in Dallas are still at work.) I'm sure that my lack of focus wore my friend out as she tried to follow my circles---She organized a lot in spite of me and dear, sweet Elnora who has been family since 1978 (came 5 months before Molly was born) did anything I asked her to do, even if it meant figuring out what I had just asked.

All that being said, know that I am so-o-o covered in God's grace that whether I skip w/ joy or pass out from fatigue, He's there with me. Verses of scripture (btw Isaiah 41:10 has been sent by many—a worthy read) and notes of encouragement have been pouring in, whether e-mail or slug mail or phone messages---41 years in education provides an unbelievable network---so whether I taught you in kindergarten and you are now 42, or I taught you at the university or I have taught you anywhere K-12 or taught with you, thanks!

However, my favorite encouragement and good laugh has come from grandson, Caleb, age 3. Conversation went something like this. "Shug, I prayed for your "ouchie." I have an "ouchie" too." I then asked, "Where's your ouchie, Caleb."

"Right here." Could hear son laughing in the background---you have to tell her where it is--- she can't see you pointing. O Lord how I covet prayers for my "ouchie."

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sis,

    What sweet stories about Nathan & Caleb!! I still remember the one a long time ago when Buddy answered the phone and told the caller when asked where his mother was he said "she's in the bathroom sewing her teeth". ( flossing! )

    This was from yesterdays entry from The One Year Book Of PSALMS (365 days) that you gave me for Christmas several years ago. I read it each day.

    January 22, Psalm 22. The writing that goes along with this explained David's plight and how he handled it like this:

    David was in the dust doubting (first 2 verses)
    David was praying (second 2 verses)
    David is trusting in the Lord and out of the dust. (last 2 verses)

    "Whatever my fears or foes suggest
    You are my hope, my joy, my rest.
    My heart shall feel your love and raise
    My cheerful voice to sing your praise,
    Isaac Watts

    We Love You Sis,

    Bro Buddy & Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsy, Sorry, it was Psalm 13 no 22!!!

    Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your whole blog. Your faith is so evident & you should be encouraged at all you've been taught by the Lord to get you through this. He is such a good Daddy!! I read the verse where you were talking about putting our faith in horses & chariots--that was in the H2H Wedns. It was a "scar" in Solomon's life because he did this & God had clearly stated what was expected of a king of Israel. Well, Solomon did & woe to Solomon. No woe to you, though!! The Lord is taking care of His sweet daughter. Isnt' it comforting how real He really is & how much you can feel Him at this time when you feel so helpless. He HEARS you!! What He won't do to get our full focus on Him. Still praying & thinking of you & Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotsy, I bumped into Sherry Alexander following today's chemo at West Clinic. She said to tell you she's thinking of you...

    God bless!

    John Vornholt+

    ReplyDelete