Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Praying the Psalms

1/21/09

24 hours without a computer and a telephone with a "black hole"--- do you think maybe God wanted me to "be still and know that He is God" as Sara B. prayed??!!

Well, there it is. I open my Jesus Calling book and the first sentence says, I want you to be all mine.

Yesterday was a little of a stretch ----couple of doc visits---lots of plans to be considered---logistical and insurance questions---but God…………………I wonder if Ronnie Stevens realizes what an impact those to words have had on my life since I heard his long ago sermon (Eph. 4:2)---that's about his speed--- 2 words a Sunday (hopefully Ronnie can take a joke)----helps folks like me digest it.

I began the day (before computer needed a new hard drive) with a big blessing. An elder from Allen Bible Church, where son Buddy is a pastor, wrote that he had been praying Psalm 20 for me. I remembered the verse "some trust in chariots and some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." SW helped me glean insight from that during our H2H teacher training sessions one summer. As the day ended and I was having trouble settling down, Larry read Psalm 20 to me.

Then I asked him to read Psalm 121 to me-----one I memorized (KJV) as a part of my 4th grade teacher's instruction---now there's a good teacher. It was the psalm that I was given the privilege to recite for the First Evan Women's Team to Mexico on the last night of our mission trip to El Lano (you won't find it on a map) for the Tlapaneco Christian Easter Conference. I can still close my eyes and see those mountains and the sweet faces of all the groups who so beautifully dramatized the verses---"He will not suffer your foot to be moved. (slip) He that keepeth thee will not slumber, Behold He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep…The Lord is thy keeper….He shall preserve thy soul….The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even forever more, I had never felt more smack dab in the middle of God's good and perfect will for my life on that trip and that's where I am right now. To Him be the glory!

5 comments:

  1. I love you and I am praying without ceasing for every detail to be worked out smoothly and timely. I am praying for the doctor that God is preparing to do your surgery. I will keep up with your progress and appreciate this website being available. Kudos to Molly and Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsy,
    I love reading the blog. (Thanks to your children for making it possible). I feel that I am talking to you! We all appreciate that you are keeping us up to date with what is going on. Our prayers are always with you. Drenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotsy,
    I don't think you and I have ever met. However, our worlds cross over at many points. My son, Parker began working in the library this semester so I am assuming he was there with you for a few days first period. We go to Grace Evan and are friends with the Gurner family. Bill and my husband, Trent are in a Bible Study together and Beth was my Spiritual Mothering mentor last year. Amy Lipscomb and I were at MOPS together this morning and she was filling me in as well on how you are doing. I am also reading Jesus Calling. We are friends of Mike and Kelli Owens which is how I found your blog. With all that cross over, I felt like I wanted to let you know that our family is honored to lift you up in prayer as you go through this. We know that God has you in the palm of His hand and are so thankful for that. The words on your blog convey such a sense of peace, trust and joy that I am overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing them and know they serve as encouragement as well as direction for prayers. As members of your covenant family of believers, we will be praying. Edie Fleming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faith is astounding! You have alrealy taught the readers of your blog how strong your love and hope in the Lord is. God Bless you, Dotsy. The Lord is truly with you during, this your hardest dance. Loved your comments regarding high school, and Sub Deb dances, Teen Town, etc. Know that so many, many people have always loved you and know that He will continue to hold you in the palm of His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dotsy! Love that I can check in via the blog! Just wanted you to know I got your message and I did call Jan yesterday. I also wanted to know that your faith and energy are amazing to me. And I'm so glad you can share a moments laughter with your grandkids. Much love to you and the family, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete