Monday, May 6, 2024

BUT GOD.................

BUT GOD--a phrase that stays,--- in my mind that is!*
A prepositional phrase that speaks to my heart time and time again. "45 times" in the Bible according to Desiring God
At yesterday's UM Commencement I was enthralled by the mortarboard designs! Such variations! Guess which one caught my attention!
 
"But God Moments" follow a time of despair or crisis, signifying a pivotal change brought about by divine intervention. They reveal God's ultimate authority and transformative power in seemingly hopeless situations. "BUT GOD" moments signify God's mercy, deliverance and strength in adversity. (Dr. Chris Caster, Christ Church)

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

I'm "being still" but you, dear reader, may shout, "AMEN!"


*It was also a fave phrase of church friend, Martha R.

No comments:

Post a Comment