Wednesday, October 27, 2021

ALL......SAYS..........IT..........ALL!

All says it all. The dictionary defines "all" as an indefinite adjective. In Scripture, I see all often used as complete, definite. In English, all has several functions---as an adverb, noun or pronoun. Most often I think of "all" as completely.
"That's all she wrote." That could mean something is finished and that is all there is to be said. For me,  it could mean, if I were the "she" that tonight I'm finished typing. Nite. Nite.

It was all I could do not to get up in the night to finish this because thoughts were whirring.
As thoughts are still whirring about current circumstances, I went back to Robert Morgan's All to Jesus Day 297, whose thoughts were not whirring but were clear and concise.
With all prayer and petition, pray at all times in the Spirit, and...be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. (Ephesians 6:18, NASB)
All kinds of prayers---arrow prayers (Margie Hornor) "HELP, THANKS, WOW prayers, (Anne Lamott) silent prayers, spoken prayers, travel mercies prayers, walking prayers (JoLynn)
All hours of the day---morning, noon and night.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16, KJV)
With all perseverance.....Keep on keeping on....(I Thessalonians 5:17)...for all the saints as many as possible specifically and by name. (Morgan, Day 297) 
All says it all! That's all I have to say---today.

No comments:

Post a Comment