Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"HOUSE RULES"

6/18/13 Rushing in the door after our simplici-TEA session, I heard "The Voice" blaring from the TV so I knew I had made it home in time to hear the winner announced. This is the first season I've ever watched the show but when 4 singers from Memphis were selected, I was hooked. 
As I dropped my bags on the couch, 4 of the former guys sang "Ain't Too Proud to Beg".....so-o-o-o hubby and I danced. We always do when "our" dancin' song plays. It's the rule---no matter when or where it plays, we dance. We hadn't  heard it in a good long while, but we got our groove back.
Tonight it was a house rule! What a fun rule!


The Voice Update: Danielle Bradbery, a 16 yr. old from Cypress, TX, won. She and the other top 2 contenders also won a car, whic is sort of ironic since she doesn't even have her driver's license. At least she's from another favorite state (5 of my grands live there) and Sarah and Kris, two Memphians were also featured in the finale.

Sarah Simmons was a student at the Visible Music College on Madison Ave., a school that not only trains vocal artists in music, but in discipleship, worship and ministry as well. Kris Thomas grew up singing in his church choir where is father was the preacher. Grateful for the exposure of these two and hope they remain true to their "roots."

No comments:

Post a Comment