Sunday, December 16, 2012

SABBATH SNAPSHOTS: Austin, TX


12/16/12 “Don we now our gay apparel.......troll the ancient Yuletide Carol”
with all its fa, la, la, la, las, had me asking myself, “What am I donning?” What kind of cheerful countenance am I putting on while lying in bed?
Remember the old Four Seasons song verse, “I’d change my sad rags into glad rags, if I could?” Sounds like a choice to me. So I got up and decided to post Snapshots to remind me of the wonderful “pre-Christmas” days, I had prior to getting sick. “Putting on” positive reflections of God’s goodness---those are the glad rags I am donning.
A-men--Sign said it all! 
Opulent Driskill hotel---built in 1886

In Austin TX, residents decorate trees all along the roadside---this one obviously done by a UTx  fan!
A beautiful state capitol decorated for Christmas with carols playing in both English and Spanish
Whole Foods flagship store with more pepper varieties than I've ever seen

Fun in 78° temps
Tea at the Driskill with Gigi and Bonnie, my young friends

6th street---home of the dueling pianos and lots of "live" music
A "teacup" tree at the Tea Embassy---right up my alley
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels. (Isaiah 61:10)
One is really “decked out” with the Lord---so it should show in my countenance even from my sickbed. I felt better just looking at the pics---hope you will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment