Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cabin Comments

Yesterday, I ventured up to the lodge with laptop in hand to check for an e-mail from Dr. Ha's office. It wasn't there but while I was on-line, Josh "popped up" in the bottom right corner of gmail with a "mornin' "----I was so excited. You see, I don't even have a cell phone, so..... I don't text (unless you count the one time at Seagrove Beach when I texted (I don't even know if there's a past tense) 3 words to Molly from Josh's phone just to practice. I'm so glad Josh set me up last fall w/ the gmail account and a little bit of "chatting" info. It's so fun to type back and forth---plus, this form of instant messaging keeps me connected to my son who seems so far away in Brooklyn. I type a little--he types faster using abbreviated terms--we hit enter and voila!! We just have to both be on-line at the same time and we don't set it up--- it's totally serendipitous for me when it happens. When he's not on-line, we don't connect---that little message comes up that says, "Joshua is off-line, your comments will be available for him the next time he logs on."

It reminded me of the "Upper Room" entry from a few days ago that likened instant messaging to prayer. God's always there---on-line---it's just my prayers that make the connection. That's why I need to "pray without ceasing." ( I Thess. 5:17)

This week I have been praying for many of you and in my journal I noted that there is a "holy ground," of sorts, between those of us who pray for each other. We stay connected because we both have the same Source. Chapter 4 of James tells us, "we have not, because we ask not." So, I am asking the Lord to keep us connected next week, even when I am "out of it," because He can hear the prayer of my heart even when I am incoherent---and I'm taking you, my prayer warriors, into surgery with me. You're going in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Dotsy, I do feel that I am going into surgery with you on Monday. It is a good feeling to know that we are never alone with such tribulations. Just think of that operating room as being filled to the brim with all of us who love you and are praying for you. Most of all, because Jesus is there, have the peace that surpasses all understanding. I love you so much, my dear friend, and I will see ya in the OR on Monday! God Bless You, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Dotsy,
    Even in times of turmoil, you uplift others and make us feel as though you are the conforter, not the one being conforted!
    My prayers are that the Good Lord will confort you and keep you in his loving hands. We are all praying for you!
    My students are writing stories. We were also talking about you reading "Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour The Tea" to your students. In your honor, we are having a Tea Party and reading the book. Maybe some of my students will become childrens authors!
    I Love You very much, my friend! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments from the cabin brought to mind, The Shack~where Mac meets Papa, Jesus and Sarayu. We, along with them will be holding your right hand as you "dance" in that operation room, girlfriend. As Sandra in the post said, you do make us all feel comforted by your uplifting words. God IS with YOU. Much love. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotsy,
    I am there with you on Monday....hopefully we won't all be trying to talk!:)
    God Bless You.
    Kinta

    ReplyDelete