Monday, April 22, 2013

I cannot do it.....

4/22/13.....that declaration is so relevant in many new ways and situations as I age. But God.......has been my strength or has provided the answer time after time. Thus that phrase, But God, as my blog readers know, is one I often hang my emotional hat on, especially when I need encouragement or the reminder of God's sovereignty. 
Imagine my excitement this week as I found both the sentence and the phrase in one verse. Joseph was speaking to Pharaoh in regards to a dream interpretation.
I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires. (Genesis 41:16, NIV)
The underlines are mine because that's what I'm meditating on this week as I seek to tackle a new teaching assignment. I cannot do it, but God will----because He has called me to this task. Where God guides, he provides. That's what I'll be thinking on this week, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking about wanting to hear anything that you are teaching. Just name the time and place. I can't tell you how many times the LORD has used your wisdom for me to pass along to others. Thanks for always sharing. And those cannot words as we age are coming from my mouth more and more lately. Think I will borrow the But GOD part ....
    Lots of love to you

    ReplyDelete