Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"negativi-TEA"


1/10/12 negativiTEA is a cuppa that I serve others way too often as each new year begins. I know that because I have a post-it® note in my journal that warns me----a funk is coming. An irritability coupled with a darkness that is overwhelming. The scribble really serves as a reminder to accept it and not be blind-sided. Acceptance with preparation----know that there is a brighter day coming. (Usually within the 2nd week of the month.) Only a few more days, maybe.

I've been asking self, “Is it hormonal?” Is it because of the 1/9/09 cancer diagnosis? Emotional let down from holidays?

What ever the cause, the effect is one of pessimism. I become Negative Nelly or Dotsy Downer, as daughter dubs me. Life’s focus is one of disapproval---the flaws of others, the faults and foibles of self.

NegativiTEA is a hard cuppa to swallow. I choke on it myself. Why do I serve it to others, especially loved ones! I don't intentionally serve it but my cuppa seems to slosh over and "dampen" their lives, as well. I think negativiTEA must be the beverage of choice for those in the pit. So....I just need to get out of the pit.

My post-it® note had a suggestion---a spiritual RX of sorts. Time in word during holidays might help. (I wish I had dated that note to track the timetable of this annual malady.)

I need to remember the One "who redeems your (my) life from the pit, who crowns you (me) with steadfast love and mercy, (Psalm 103:4)

Praises for the One who can hear my cry, bring me up of the of the pit, and redirect my footsteps----even putting a new song in my mouth----a song of praise. (Psalm 40:1-3) If others see that in my life during this time may they know it flows from His cuppa, not mine. Grace: His antidote for my negitiviTEA.

1 comment:

  1. This was my study scripture last week... Feel prompted to share it with you. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true... noble... right... pure... lovely... admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things." Phil. 4:6-8 Praying that it speaks to you as loudly as it spoke to me. God always knows what we need to hear from Him. Sending my love and prayers for you.
    In His great and mighty love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete