Saturday, May 4, 2024

SCATTERED!

May I set my mind---center my scattered mind.
It's the first thought I had this morning looking out the window as I headed to my prayer chair. All week, I have watched the pile of scatterings increase both in the yard and in my distracted mine.


"Why the impact of scattered petals?" one might ask. These heritage snowball bushes were from the family home of my most influential spiritual mentor, Mama Davenport, Margaret Louise Hooper of Hampton Station, Ky.

The force that drives and scatters my mind in many directions is NOT the force Mama Davenport taught me. She taught me to trust the "force" of Christ in my heart. She knew that as I matured there would still be times when I would be "prone to wander" & need to "bind my wandering heart to Thee" as my old favorite hymn said. ("Come Thou Fount")

Today I chose to follow through...........
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above.

....set my heart, aong with my mind & my voice, on things above. AMEN!

Center & settle me again today O Lord,----in honor of my grandmother and to the glory of your son, so that our sweet Jesus, the only true force, may once again spring forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment