Thursday, July 31, 2014

commonali-TEA

The Lord is your keeper; .....The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. (Psalm 121:5, 7-8, ESV)
A commonali-TEA often shared by parents and grandparents is desiring God's best for their offspring, which they hope includes their longevity as well. But, too often, fears of the "what if" can creep in and rob them of their peace. 
Last week's large powerful waves at the beach and the accompanying rip tide had me on a constant "fearful alert." Knowing I had prayed for safety did not provide the unwavering confidence that "all would be fine." 

My heart's desire was that the Lord, who is my Keeper and my Protector, would keep us all safe. I certainly prayed for safety and had other prayer warriors praying as well. But God...keeps us. Safety, as being vigilant, was in my hands, both prayerfully and physically. But security was in God's hands. 
Regardless of circumstances, (even those that appear life-threatening)...He is our keeper for eternity. The crux of keeping is in soul keeping. 
"If our soul is kept, all is kept." (C. H.Spurgeon)

A cuppa fearful commonali-TEA needs to be exchanged for a cuppa securi-TEA, which only the Lord can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment