Monday, September 30, 2019

30 DAYS HATH SEPTEMBER.....mostly on the road again & again

So much travel for us lately that it seems as if we're home long enough to unpack and repack.
Whether by air or on the road, the trips have been to visit family or dear friends so all are special! Children, grandchildren, brothers and 3 cousins. In between times we even had visitors---from both Colorado and Florida.
No problems along the way except those that are "age related"---a medical term used often for me lately.
Physical problems have been easier for me to grapple with than spiritual ones. It seems that when my routine varies, my quiet times get skewed. Factor in fatigue and even my best attempts flag. "God observes my travel and my rest." yet, when travel increases my rest is moved to the back seat, literally. (Psalm 139:3)
But God.....uses many "visuals" too help me refocus. On recent highway home, church signs to bill boards whizzed by and brought both humor and warnings but my reflexes wren't fast enough to record them. I do remember a billboard just west of Sulphur Springs, Texas, "Real Christians love their enemies." One that I was able to capture on I-30 in Texas was a jolt---a real positive surprise! A gospel message for all to see.
Truth on the tail end of a truck!
A crossroads visual. The way to Jesus includes service and discipleship.
We all choose each day the path we will choose. The straight and narrow that leads to Jesus or the "other"----path to sin. Believers choose Jesus---I'm grateful to be on the road with a "truck driver" who shares an eternal message.
A reminder for all to heed--- on the "road again".

No comments:

Post a Comment