Monday, December 4, 2017

CHOOSE: TO CONFESS

Internet keeps dropping---now I choose to be thankful for "working" WiFi at Baptist Surgery Center this morning as I await hubby's surgery shoulder. (12/5/17)

Book Juggler. Guilty as charged.
Yes, this phrase describes me. Avid reader is a part of who I am.


Right now I have a Susan Vreeland audio book going in the car. Her "literary" fiction books are about paintings and the artist who create them. Sadly, she died suddenly at age 71 in August. 
One book is on the kitchen table.
Two new devotional books are by my prayer chair, along with All Things New, a new Bible Study book, 
Three "short" Christmas books, a gift from Jerrie, are on the end table---at "my end" of the couch.
Three children's books are on hold for me at the library because I want to read, Say Zoop (Tullet), Iggy Peck Architect, (Beaty) and Remembering Vera (Polacco) as I try to keep up with latest books of author's grands might enjoy.
Four books are stacked bedside, on the floor.  
Many books are spilling out of my bedside table.


Am I reading all of them at once? No, not all, but I usually have 3 going at once. 
Reading multiple books is my way. Some books, intense in nature, I choose not to read at night. So....while that's set aside in the PM, I might pick-up a Jan Karon type book. Plus, I almost always have a non-fiction book going---informative but not gripping.
I can only hope it keeps my mind active---sort of like exercising the "little" gray matter by juggling more than one book at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment