Friday, October 20, 2017

CHOOSE: TEA FOR TWO


Tea for two---had been on my heart as a way of sharing time with a dear widow friend. Yet, an overbooked schedule made that time beyond the limits of my schedule restraints.
But God, heard my heart cries for help and it happened.
"In their hearts, humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps."(Proverbs 16:9) David Lloyd-George once said, The true test of a civilization is the way it treats its old people.” Hopefully, in the Judeo-Christian community, care for the aged is seen as both a privilege and a responsibility.

God is there for widows and He wants His people there for them as well. A ministry that is emphasized in the Bible.

Jeremiah 49:11".....let your widows trust in me." 
Psalm 68:5 "Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation." 
James 1:27 "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.” 
Today's Tea For Two---a choice made possible by the Lord's "overruling and rescheduling" events in my life, was truly an answer to the prayer of my heart. How special to "brew" a cuppa with Miss Ann and enjoy that redeemed time as she regaled me with stories of times gone-by. Times with her Bob in Bloomington, IN when he worked for RCA. 
She smiled as she recalled those times---a smile that I had not seen in a long time.
SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Ignore further Arabic comments---they are ads for a maintenance company---

    ReplyDelete