Thursday, June 15, 2017

CHOOSE: LISTENING

At our home, the "S" word is not allowed---never has been since the children were old enough to talk. "Shut-up" is our "S" word. "We" don't see it as a kind word. So...we don't say it. That's the Liles' rule!
However, we acknowledge that there are times when all of us need to close our mouths in order to listen. When silence is necessary to get another's attention, we say HUSH!
Somedays I need to tell the world to "HUSH!" so that I can "hear" from the Lord. (Proverbs 19:29) Yet, sometimes even when I close out the world and am alone, I still have "noises" in my mind that whirr and drown out God's still small voice. Then, I need to open my Bible and tell my mind to "hush." His word is His voice---and it's the best way to listen to Him. Then, I need to heed what I hear.

"Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD." (Psalm 34:11)

More often, listening as to hear  and heed is more of a heart problem than an ear problem.
Choosing to listen needs to become the antecedent for choosing "heartfelt" action.

No comments:

Post a Comment