Tuesday, June 20, 2017

CHOOSE: accorDANCE

More often than not, I'm a rule follower. Years ago in a friendly game, participants described each other with adjectives that began with the same letter as one's name. Example--pretty Patricia.
If Siri had been playing, she would have named me "ditsy" Dotsy. I would have gladly settled for that or delightful or dancing....but the consensus for me was diligent. 
Diligent. How boring! 
Yet, as aging has set in, it is a trait that I tend to admire in others. Too many seem to see themselves beyond the rules---as if "rules" are for others, not them. They are a member of the "terminally unique." Think those who litter, park in handicap spaces, keep their phones on in theaters, or text while driving.

They don't "dance" according to the rules. Rules are for others. They are the exception.
Maybe young people need diligent rule following adults in their lives as good examples.
This young lady chose to "model" the "quiet" rule at the St. Jude golf-tournament recently---not just in accordance with this respectful rule but by encouraging others to do the same.

I, the diligent one, choose accorDANCE---to waltz through life in accordance with the rules set out in God's word, even though sometimes I do "trip" up. 

The good news is that when I stumble in my accorDANCE, God is there. (Psalm 37:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment