Friday, May 19, 2017

CHOOSE: Positivi-TEA

Why does my mind tend to embrace negative thoughts these days?
Each morning during my "Tea with Thee" times I seek to serve myself a cuppa positive-tea. 
Lately, my brew has become more of a cuppa negative-TEA.

Maybe my problem is that I'm buying into the world's thinking---"you've got this," Dotsy.
But I don't. Apart from Him I have no good thing. As David said, in Psalm 16:2, "You are  my Lord, I have no good apart from you.

And with Him I have all good things. ".... they that seek the Lord lack no good thing."  (Psalm 34:10)

Now there's a cuppa positivi-TEA worth choosing to sip this morning.*


*By the time I finished my tea and typed this blog entry, I picked up the morning paper, I saw first hand the world's thinking.

"I've got this" must me a buzz phrase, of sorts. What an epitaph!
Seems that these days, positive thinking (about self) and self-confidence can morph into self-grandizement.
But....that kind of thinking can have consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment