Monday, February 13, 2017

CHOOSE: GOD'S GUIDANCE & GOD'S TIMING

BUMMER! That's what I thought when I saw that the MidSouth Food Bank Collection box had been removed from "my" Kroger. Of course, I can pay for meals at the grocery check-out but I had been purchasing food to "give" and the sacks were in my trunk.

But God....had me see national news on TV about communities having "blessing boxes" to share food in neighborhoods. So....I started "scouting" Memphis area for some. A recent article in Commercial Appeal highlighted one in Binghampton area that was restocked on weekends. So....I decided to try and locate it and take food in middle of week when they might be running low.

BUMMER! Last week as I was headed to dinner with two of my widow ladies along, seated comfortably in the back seat, we tried to locate said box. It was "dusk." We could not find it and I could sense uneasiness from the back seat!

But God....had hubby with me at Board of Education on S. Hollywood last Wednesday. After the meeting, and armed with his GPS, the "hunt" began again.  Voilà! We found it at intersection of Merton St. and Harvard. If I had realized it was in front of Caritas Village, I would have found it much sooner as I've been there several times. 
The door of the "Little Free Pantry" at 2509 Harvard Ave. (38112) was swinging open.
It was almost empty so my assumptions were right. 
Hm-m-m-m God must have had someone in need in mind for that day!
It's always the right time to help feed the hungry, whenever God guides you to them. (Matthew 25:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment