Monday, August 3, 2015

"Spot On"


Sometimes a devotional entry will be "spot on"----a full spotlight shining on me and my shortcomings, needs, frustrations, desires, etc. 

Last Wednesday (7/31) on a patio in Texas, my on-line entry of Jesus Calling---with words used by Sarah Young---got my attention.

Frustrated.
Frazzled.
Upset with self. 
People know me to say, "It's so hard being me." How that must sadden God's heart----my low opinion of myself. My self-deprecating humanness.

Since then, I have been meditating a good bit on one of the the scripture passages for that day, John 20:19. I've practiced being still enough to hear the resurrection blessing, "Peace be with you." 
Peace from God, available to me through Christ----I just need to appropriate it into my life.


Then, yesterday's sermon gave me more points to ponder. I recognized the one who destroys my peace and the One who not only grants me peace but assures it as He calls me by my name.

Satan knows my name but calls me by my struggle. (Oh how I fall into that "shame" so easily.) But God knows my struggle, yet He calls me by my name. (John 10:13)
"Spot on" devotional followed up by a "spot on" quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment