Friday, April 24, 2015

Palatable RX

Some medical diagnoses and prescriptions are easier to "swallow" than others. This is certainly true in the physical realm. 
Last week's diagnosis of a frozen shoulder didn't sound so bad when the RX was coupled with physical therapy and NOT a cortisone shot or surgery. Hard work. Exercise. I'm willing to do that to accomplish healing and restoration of the weak/atrophied area. 
But....the question is, how did I get to this point? 
Was the gradual physical decline so gradual that I overlooked it? 
Was my loss of effectiveness due to underuse or neglect? (Romans 12:11)
The same questions could be asked about weaknesses in my spiritual life?
Does something major have to occur to get my attention?
Am I allowing neglect in my spiritual life to give way to greater "threats."

Time in God's word. Intimate time with the Lord. Both are a palatable RX for refreshment and restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment