Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Friendship of a Circular Nature

I talk in circles. I don't think I've ever had a linear thought---at least not post menopause.
Lately the "circular" talk seems to be getting worse. My main thoughts seem to take off down rabbit trails until even I don't know where I was going with that comment or thought.
Scarily, in the mental health field there's even nomenclature for my condition. Not schizo or A-D-D but simply----circle talker.

How grateful I am for friends who still love me enough to listen in circles and in some cases to redirect me.


Nancy E. is such a friend. Listening in circles. Listening to my particular brand of a circular conversation.
Sometimes redirecting or restating in order to get me back on course. 

After yesterday's mammogram, she was waiting and waiting and waiting and when I came out with final results she encircled me. Hugging circles are much appreciated by circle talkers. 
Much like Gloria Houston's, My Great Aunt Arizona, Nancy hugs when my reports are good (clear and linear) and even when they are not (thoughts and speech needing a little consolidation.)

Hooray for circular friends who understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment