Sunday, October 19, 2014

SABBATH SNAPSHOT : heartfelt hilari-TEA

Bob Goff's NYX bestseller, Love Does, is a book which celebrates the ordinary and the whimsies of life. 
I loved this book---to pieces and in pieces. Part was shared in an after dinner read aloud. Part was read alone. Part was read to hubby. It's a perfect book to read in parts! 
Each of the 31 chapters are a complete story---perfect for a bedside table. You could go to school, especially Sunday School, on the chapter subtitles. "I used to think........but now I know.....!
  • I used to think....you had to be special .....but now I know....you simply need to say yes.
  • I used to think.....religion tasted horrible....but now I know....I was just eating the fake stuff.
  • I used to think.....I could shape the circumstances around me......but now I know God uses the circumstances to shape me.
  • I used to think.....I had to be somebody important to accomplish things....but now I know....Jesus uses ordinary people more.
Chapter 10 alone, is worth the price of the book to me. (And I'm frugal---I use the library!) "The Interviews" is worth a read by all heads of state.
Chapter 11, "Wow, What a Hit," was a favorite because it emphasized the importance of using encouraging words throughout life. It tugged at hubby's heart as well as mine. 
"Words of encouragement are like that. They have their own power and when they are said  by the right people, they can change everything.....Words people say to us not only have a shelf life, but have the ability to shape life." (Goff)

One review stated, "Its like you are just sitting there having a cup of tea with him (Goff) while he describes for you how he feels he is supposed to live like Jesus."

This book, a quick, easy read grabbed my funny bone, my heart and my tear ducts! 
That my friends is a recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment