Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Stabili-TEA" : a rebrew

And He will be the stability of your times, A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; The fear of the LORD is his treasure. (Isaiah 33:6, NASB)
Stability is synonymous with security and safety. To me, it's rock-solid. For the past couple of weeks, prayers for an "impending deal" have been a test.*
A test of waiting. "Waiting with absolute certainty that God is sovereign. Waiting with scripture verses in mind rather than fretting and being unduly upset." (dotsydetails 2/24/14)

A test of stability---mine, not His.

 A test of trust. 

Yet, even when my trust seemed to be wavering, my prayers were stable--never ceasing. I sensed the Lord was present, I just didn't know the outcome. I wanted the kind of resolution for my family that Hezekiah had experienced as he trusted in the Lord God of Israel.....for "the LORD was with him; he was successful in whatever he undertook." (2 Kings 18:7) Regardless of the outcome, I desired my family to stand firm in the words of Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." 

That "solid rock" is what one's faith is built on. 

So many teas brewed in a cuppa stabili-TEA---solidi-TEA of faith being one. 
A cuppa choice.

*A big thanks to blog reader, Nancy E., for the stabili-TEA email encouragement followed by phone prayers that "sealed the deal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment