Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday Question


Okay, I know it’s Sunday. But…..I was too tired to post when I got home last night from a glorious “get-a-way” with girlfriends….but God has had me querying myself thru the week,  and a BIG question came forth for consideration.
Am I hammering homiletics?
Answer: Yes, sad to say, too often I do.
In other words, am I always just “preaching” at friends and family or am I living the “gospel life”? As all folks know, actions indeed speak louder than words. If I am just viewing others thru legalistic lens, the lifestyle I reflect would be more of hammering and very little of grace. “Hammering” might easily be construed as disdain rather than love. 
If God views me thru the love lens of grace, shouldn’t I extend that to others as well?
Answer: Yes. A resounding YES!  I need to testify in actions as well as words to the “good news of God’s grace.” (Acts: 20:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment