Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Plan G"

4/14/11 I am indeed a planner---- though as most blog readers have come to realize, my life often takes me to plan B, C, D and so on. That’s certainly what has happened in the last month. Daddy’s stroke, Mommar’s (hubby’s mom) terminal cancer prognosis and my on-going head to toe medical dilemmas were not in my plans. Continuing to work until 2012 was my plan. Pragmatically (translated, financially) I knew I needed to work at least one more year. I asked hubby for his input. He said, “Retire.” I asked, (several times), “Are you sure?”

For years (42, but whose counting) I thought that “RETIREMENT” would be the best word I could ever hear, so why was I worrying or second guessing? My calculations said 2012. Obviously God’s calculations (Plan G) were saying 2011. But God………..in his grace, affirmed the timetable for me in obvious ways. I like obvious!

#1 Larry’s prayerful conclusion

#2 BSF lesson Monday night so clear about being fully devoted to what the Lord has planned for you (me)

#3 Tuesday’s quiet time about “BIG” decision---when looking for verse on contentment (I Timothy 6:6) I “stumbled” (by God’s grace) on The Experiencing God Study Bible’s, “God’s Focus” notation on the corresponding page. (I Timothy 5:16) The question bore into my psyche and soul and affirmed my direction as I took my “papers” in to Dr. J.

It couldn’t have been clearer. This is what God wants me to do now.

Plan G (God’s plan) was typed out just for me.

2 comments:

  1. YEA!! My last day is June 24 and I am sooooo excited. I am telling you this is for the best -you will be able to get some much needed rest and with everything on your plate right now this is what you need to do for your own health. Things will work out - at least that's what I am telling myself. So excited for you.
    Cheryl Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why has it taken me 11 years to see this comment? What a sweetie you are! I did indeed retire that year and you were right, It was for the BEST!

    ReplyDelete