Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wedding Dance

Date Unknown-until 1 hour ago The Wedding Dance

Remember the Western Union telegrams of old---those yellow paper messages with short snippets that were delivered (stop)---sometimes by a kid on a bike(stop)? I think they were a precursor for text messages. They were “pithy grabbers” of sorts. I even have a file of pithy grabbers b/c I love them---saying lots w/ few words---like poetry, concise but full of meaning. TP, a caringbridge blogger & CD, an author, gave me the idea---the one my Molly enters in the blog will be based on the outcome of my surgeries.

If I return to Memphis---and I am coming home today.

Coming home STOP
Put out my dancing shoes STOP
The Lord and I are dancing to a new song STOP
We’ll never stop!!

Coming home to dance at Halle & Kyle’s wedding---MAC was not the last dance for me.

3 comments:

  1. Dotsy,

    Great to hear that you are coming home to Memphis for a visit. Hopefully Bruce Springsteen will forgive me for taking a little liberty with his song "Walking in Memphis".

    Title: Bruce Springsteen - Walking In Memphis

    I'm puttin on my blue suede shoes
    And I'm boarding the plane
    For that touch down in the land of the Delta Blues
    In the middle of a beautiful spring
    W.C. Handy - won't you look down over me
    Yeah I got a first class ticket,
    And I'm happy as I can be!

    That I'm gonna be walking in Memphis
    I'll be walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
    Walking in Memphis!!!!
    Praising God, cause he's the real deal.

    Saw the ghost of Elvis
    On Union Avenue
    Followed him up to the gates of Graceland
    Then I watched him walk right through
    Now security they did not see him
    They just hovered 'round his tomb
    But I'll be praising the real King
    Cause he's the one who brought me through

    Yes I'll be walking in Memphis
    I'll be walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
    Walking in Memphis
    Praising God cause he's the one who can heal.

    They've got catfish on the table
    They've got gospel in the air
    And Reverend Green, be glad to see you
    When you think you haven't got a prayer
    But I'm coming home to Memphis
    With a new song in the air
    Dancin with my Jesus

    Now Muriel plays piano
    Every Friday at the Hollywood
    And they brought me down to see her
    And they asked me if I would;
    Do a little dance
    And you know I began to prance
    As I continued my dance with the KING
    And she said;
    "Girl you must be a Christian child?"
    And I said "Praise the Lord, you're right
    God continues to heal me tonight"

    Walking in Memphis
    I'll be walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
    Praising God for all my friends and the way he makes me feel!


    Have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even begin to tell you how good it was to hear your voice tonight...God is good!!! It will be more than a wedding celebration next weekend!!! I have cried and prayed over the last few weeks and tonight they were tears of joy!!! Put on your dancing shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete