Friday, June 1, 2018

CONSIDER OTHERS & LET THE SUNSHINE IN

On a soggy day when one's heart feels as gray as the clouds outside, it's hard to have a "sunny" attitude. But God....reminds me in His word, that He is the lifter up of one's head. (Psalm 3:3)
So, I looked up and there was a recent gift from a sweet friend. A perfect gift for me. It had even been given in a "Dotsy" bag....and "dots" ran along the border of the tea towel.
It was all I needed. A gift with a "spiritual" history to take my eyes off my self and begin considering others. The fair trade company tag said, "Let Hope Arise!" My tea towel was hand-made in India by "Daughters of Hope, a social enterprise which supplies "a link in the chain of freedom in southern India." Sale of their products provide, poor and often forgotten, women from the slums of Bangalore with a chance to better themselves. What a treasure of a gift! A gift to open my eyes.

Lesson learned. Allow what you already have to bring the "Sonshine" in to your heart. I only had to have eyes to see that which was right in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. Was the friend from Memphis? Where did she get the tea towel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend is from a suburb of Memphis and got the tea towel at Sheffield Antique mall in Collierville. She doesn't remember the exact booth but there were several Christian sayings in a variety of creative ways.

    ReplyDelete