Tuesday, April 19, 2011

But God........


“But God” has been my “signpost” since the beginning of my blogging venture. It’s the crux of the verse I hang my faith on.
  • Life can throw you a curve ball…………but God………. is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)
  • You can enter a dark night of your soul and experience that sense of loneliness and desolation……..but God……….never leaves you nor forsakes you. (Hebrews 13:5)
  • You can be sad to the core……but God……….comforts you in all your troubles. (I Corinthians 1:3-4)
  • You can be restless, distracted and overwhelmed……but God…….is near. In His presence is peace. (Philipians 4:4-7)
  • Fear may be wreaking havoc with your psyche ……but God……….hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7)
  • You can feel rejected by ones you love ………but God……….is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
  • You can end up in the wilderness of despair…………but God……..paved a way in the wilderness. (Isaiah 40:3)
“But God”……….just those two words remind me again and again, at every spiritual crossroad, that no matter how desperate the situation I can say, “but God”…… has great love for me, “but God”……. extends mercy. (Ephesians 2:4)

1 comment:

  1. I really needed this reminder this morning. Thank you. You are truly an instrument of His grace. Showers of His greatest blessings to you and yours.
    In His mighty love,
    Carolyn O'

    ReplyDelete