Monday, March 21, 2011

Burden Bearing

3/21/11 Alone in a dark parking lot at 5:30 am. Overcome with a wave of nausea and cold sweats---I was scared. So.........

I unloaded my burdens today at work----maybe out of fear. Maybe out of necessity. But I have willing, caring, listening burden bearers at Houston and I felt safe. I do believe there is a time to bear our fears/cares/struggles in solitude. Sometimes I have to work through things and have a good cry before I’m ready to share. Sometimes I go right to my prayer partners. It takes wisdom to know which avenue to follow.

This past week I have felt burdened beyond belief as I have watched loved ones suffer and have felt helpless. Emotionally I have struggled. Physically I have struggled. I am wiped out. 


Tonight I’m taking my burden to THE Burden Bearer. I know that He gives to His beloved even in their sleep.(Psalm 127:2)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matt. 11:28-30)

4 comments:

  1. Dotsy, the Burden Bearer is so much a part of my life. I am so thankful that I know HIM and can turn my burdens over to HIM. Your blog each morning means so much to me. Even when you are so very tired, both physically and mentally, you take the time to share with others! God is using you in so many ways!!! God Bless You, Dotsy, as HE takes your burdens to bear! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying fervently for you and yours, Dotsy. Yes, our Burden Bearer has it all in His loving hands. Sendingy love to you all.
    In His faithful love,
    Carolyn O'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotsy, He will hold you close. Jesus Himself will comfort you. He is so personal.I hurt with you, but I know He is with you...xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks much to you 3 godly women and so many others for all the encouraging words and prayers. God's goodness continues to minister to me (and mine) from "the land of the living" as sweet Pam just brought in some homemade bread to make that morning pill a little more palatable.

    ReplyDelete