Monday, September 27, 2010

Wise Words


9/27/10 Today meditate on the words of wisdom given during this past weekend’s wedding ceremony, which the pastor rightly dubbed a “service of worship.” His admonition to the young couple came from James 1:19----wise words for all of us.

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Ask yourself as I have, “Am I quick to listen?”

“Am I slow to speak or am I just biding my time ‘til I can jump in with what I want to say?”

2 comments:

  1. What a unique beginning! By the way, did you look in the fridge for your swimming suit? That's where I found my phone when I didn't even know I had lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought. Ellen once lost her allowance in the freezer when she was filching chocolate chip cookies! Others have offered similar bizarre places to look.

    ReplyDelete