Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Dance

FYI--Ambien kept me asleep til 3:50---so many questions and decisions but I truly am not dismayed---Psa. 27: one of last verses says "I would have despaired had I not seen the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Yesterday I was physically surrounded by God's goodness through my "praying buds" and family (even though far away). This morning the Lord and I have been discussing the next step in my dance of life---Do you know the old hymn, "Lord of the Dance"? It was in the hymnal of First Methodist Church in Hoptown.
Not sure where we're going for surgery---wherever God leads--- though my heart desires Dallas---Buddy's devout Christian doc friend has given some good advice and thinks Dallas will be okay. He's still checking. He's tops in field of reconstruction (just not my kind) and he could be our eyes and ears and son, Buddy and Day live just north of Dallas in Allen, TX and could offer a pillow and support for Larry.

for blog---excerpt from prayer journal (comment from Norman M.)
1/20/09
G (God) U AND I DANCE (Guidance) (for all my "non-dancing denomination" friends, forgive me)
I am asking God to guide me through this dance that has come up on my dance of life song card--I don't know this dance and I'm asking Him to teach me the steps. In Hoptown, during my high school days and at the Sub Deb dances, we would have a "no-break" card. You had your card signed by those whom you wanted uninterrupted dance time with---no one was allowed to "cut in/break in---you know, the old tap on the shoulder move---your eyes were for that partner alone. So today I'm asking God to to be my partner and to allow only the best (docs, medicine, counselors) to break-in and join me in this new song, composed by the Lord of the Dance---for my eyes are on Him alone.

I am a dancer ("bopper") and it's the desire of my heart to dance through this new song, hand in hand with the Lord, my true partner, as He teaches me step-by-step whether it's a waltz that moves slow and easy or a tango or jerk with some unexpected bumps. This is a new dance for me but I have a great teacher, The "Lord of the Dance" and the hope of my heart is that I can dance at Halle and Kyle's wedding on April 4.

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Liles,

    I know I speak for all us at Allen Bible Church, and especially our elder team, when I say that we were dismayed to hear of your recent diagnosis and upcoming treatment. However, your faith and dependence on the Lord as expressed already in this blog is truly an inspiration and we trust He will indeed carry you through this trial. Know that you have many here in Allen (in addition to your sweet children and grandchildren!) praying for you and we stand ready to do whatever we can to assist you and your family during this time.

    I was inspired by your study of Psalm 40 a couple days ago and I spent time praying through it for you last night. I love the last two verses and leave you with them this morning:

    "But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you, may those who love your salvation say continually, 'Great is the Lord!'
    As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!"

    May His strength sustain you this day.

    With much love,
    Fred Rodenbach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thanking the Lord El Shadday this morning for His sheltering care of you, because He is our refuge from all storms in life. You know this already, but enjoy the meditation. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust...." "Because he (she) loves, me" says the LORD, "I will rescue him (her); I will protect him (her), for he (shie) acknowledges my name." Psalm 91: 1-3, 14) In reading your blog, I hear your trust and love of the Lord. I am praying with you every step of the way. Love, Debbie Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The suffering you have now is just the black velvet upon which the diamond of God's glory is going to be revealed."
    Charles Spurgeon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dotsy,
    I so admire your faith. You have really inspired me to think in a manner that I haven't done in awhile. For this I thank you!

    I know when I stand real close to the heart of God I know I am loved completely.

    I will continue to follow your "dance" as I talk with God.

    Love,
    Kinta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dotsy,
    I have kept up with you continuously but I have never been sure that you got my e-mail (pretty bad when the computer teacher is uncertain about sending E-MAIL) Hope this gets to you. Please know how much I love you! You stay on my mind all during the day and even at night when I awaken several times each night. You have always been such an encourager to me, so now it is my turn to encourage you! I keep this on my desk: FOR I AM THE LORD, YOUR GOD, WHO TAKES HOLD OF YOUR RIGHT HAND AND SAYS TO YOU, DO NOT FEAR; I WILL HELP YOU. ISAIAH 41:13. HE will help you! Much love and prayers, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mrs. liles,

    i am brock cabot's mom. do you remember your star reader from lakeland elementary? Mrs. Haggard forwarded the info to me today as brock has ask many times where to get in touch with you. he has never forgotten you. as of yesterday we found out that he is one of the top 12 at arlington high in the 9th grade. both you and mrs. haggard played a big part of this as you both loved to read and made sure to keep up him going.

    our family will keep you in our prayers and know that are you are in the best possible hands, the Lord's. also know that if you have to go to houston or dallas they are both great places to be. if you remember we moved from the dallas area to open the cici's.

    please let me know if you ever crave pizza. brock and i will deliver it for you.... he has grown to currently 5'8". changed a lot but still sweet as ever.

    on a school note i have been a judge for the past 3 years for the deca competition. last year i gave the highest score i ever gave to a student and he was from houston high. i am sure that you played a part in his sucess. i will be judging again tomorrow and will blog back if i have any students from houston. i am always in the food service area.

    love and prayers from the cabot's

    ReplyDelete