Wednesday, September 9, 2026

LISTEN FOR GOD'S VOICE!

In my noisy world today, with text dings, doc appointments' portal emails and loud music when on hold for a credit card company investigating a hack, it's difficult for me to hear anything without fear & confusion.

But God has a voice---I just need to listen. 

Then, I heard a train a-comin'---it was a subtle nudge to remind me of quieter times. Times past. My childhood home had a on S.  Virginia St. just past Dixon's grocery. Even trips to Mama Davenport's 2nd St. in Clarksville past Ft. Campbell, KY had a RR crossing down the hill to be heard from her front porch! Memphis college dorm and Central Avenue rental both provided train a'comin' toots and clackity-clacks to urge us to run across Southern for a class or wait patiently in car 

Even today's extra loud GSMR.... 
....took me back to those sweet Polar Express rides with my two youngest grands.


Those noises are so rich with memories I can still be surrounded by an inner quiet/stillness which allows ears to hear as I continue to listen for God's still small voice. Think internal prompt from the Holy Spirit.

Being still ---still listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment